2400/280 remote on/off

Donald McCaig McCaig at va.tds.net
Thu Mar 6 11:56:53 PST 2003

Dear Gurus,
	A while back listers compared the geekiest things they'd ever done
and one lister wrote that he'd networked powerbooks in the front and back
seat of his car. I thought that was so funny I told my wife.
	He who laughs last . . .
	I've a Mercury Colony Park station wagon in which I travel to dog
trials. In this land yacht myself, another dog trialer and four sheepdogs
can set out from Virginia and travel fifteen hours without stops except for
gas and emptying the dogs to Illinois, Florida or New Hampshire.
	I've a good sound system to while away the hours including, lately,
my 2400 G3 loaded with 5G of itunes (50 albums) attached to the cassette
with a sony adapter and powered off  one of the rear seat cigarette
lighters (the 2400 is underneath the wagon floor which has dogs, luggage
etc. on top of it.)
	I also pass the time working - I'm a writer - and peck away at my
280 (good daylight screen) powered off the other backseat lighter socket
while my friend is driving. I back up apple talk networking to the duo.
	Pretty nutty, huh?
	Anyway here's my question. I'm using MP3 strip to control the 2400
audio but figure I'll just keep the 2400 running all the time, random play,
and turn the cassette/radio on and off when I want music. But, I'd like to
boot the 2400 and shut it down from the front seat or the 280. Short of
putting a keyboad in the front seat, anyone have an idea how this might be
done? Was there ever a simple adb on off switch?
				Donald (getting weirder as he gets older)
McCaig

Yucatec Farm
Williamsville, Virginia 24487