OS 9 [was 2400 USB report (w/Audio)]

ELN/rlf9 rlf9 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 18 11:46:20 PST 2003

Duo/2400 List wrote...

>Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 04:29:08 -0800 (PST)
>From: Ivan Drucker <ivanxqz at yahoo.com>
>Subject: [Duo2400] 2400 USB report (w/Audio)

[snip]

>So if you actually use OS X on your 2400 regularly,
>you could actually use the iMic or other USB device
>for better-quality sound i/o than the line-in and
>headphone jacks. But not under OS 9. As for me, it's
>really still an OS 9 machine, though I'm always awed
>when I see Aqua on it. Maybe one day Ryan will get
>sleep working and then I might spend more time in X...
>
>Ivan.

I tried 9.2 for the first time in mine yesterday (using a pc card boot
drive) and was surprised at how well the 2400 ran. Didn't seem to gobble
up that much more ram than old 8.6 either. The machine booted up fine
despite no modifications whatsoever. I'm tempted, naturally, not to leave
well enough alone now.

On another note, I'm kinda surprised at how few 2400-related messages
there are here nowadays, mine included.

Bob F