Laser printers.

Small Moose Ltd small_moose_ltd at mac.com
Tue Mar 18 12:25:25 PST 2003

I was at work today, sitting alongside the printer as usual when the service
sticker at the bottom of the unit caught my eye. It's an HP Laserjet 4 and
it was purchased in 1994. It's still doing sterling service now and the
print quality is excellent.

Now I'm sitting at home on my Mac with an HP inkjet printer alongside with a
silent shudder running through me when I think of how much it cost to
replace the cartridges and the print quality when compared to that big ol'
laser in the office.

I've seen on eBay old laserjet's selling for next to nothing. I'm assuming
the real cost comes in delivery because they're such big heavy objects, but
I think one of these things would make a brilliant second hand printer for
an old Mac. Has anyone here ever bought a second hand Laser printer? What's
the mileage on a toner cartridge? I'm not bothered that they only print
black and white, I just really love the crispness of the text, and for what
is only a few bucks, could have a top quality printing machine.