[Duo2400] Re: G3 Upgrades

Brian brian at brodytheater.com
Tue Mar 18 17:17:15 PST 2003

> Just a tentative question, what's the likely hood of finding a G3
> upgrade for my 2400? What am I looking to pay? Everything else about

Currently there are two for sale on the Mac2400 site:

http://webobjects.uwaterloo.ca/mac2400/

Both sellers are asking $300, and these are the Newer G3-240mhz w/512
backside cache.  It's actually somewhat rare these days to find the CARD
ALONE.  As I've heard it said on the list here before, it's often an easier
feat to find an already-upgraded unit than to find an upgrade card alone.

If you're eager to do it, I'd recommend jumping on one of those two cards
that are listed on the 2400 site.  While they've been listed there for a few
months, in my experience stuff there can sell very fast.  I have personally
missed out on some stuff, and I sold a G3 card last summer via the site...
it went in 5 days.

If you have the patience, you can try to find it on eBay.  Someone on the
list got an Interware 400 for something ridiculously low like $140 a while
back.

> the 2400 is set, got a big ol hard drive and both my systems are
> stable. Haven't pursued a wi-fi card yet for financial reasons.

I got a Cisco Aironet 340 card for my Comet for $39.95, from a store on
Yahoo! Shopping that seems to no longer be in business (was going to post
the link).  Deals can be had... good luck!

--Brian Kameoka
Seattle, WA