[Duo2400] Re: OS update or carbonlib

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Tue Mar 18 17:31:54 PST 2003

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 3/18/03 5:27 PM, the entity known
as Da Pen transmitted the following from macstonelson at yahoo.com:

>> Before you mess w/ an OS upgrade, does it *really*
>> need 8.6, or will 8.1+CarbonLib work?
>
> Any way I can figure this out without the software in
> my possession?  I'd be happy if this works - cause my
> OS arrangement works quite well right now, generally
> quite stable (only Netscape gives some trouble
> occasionally.)  Any thoughts on the browser portion of
> my question?
>
> Here's a quick rundown on the scenario.
>
> I'm looking at using FastTrack.  I know someone who
> has it but I don't want the shipping charges, etc...
> if I can't do it.  The box says it needs OS 8.6.

This may sound obvious, but have you tried a) their website; b) e-mailing
their tech support??  The key question is whether they say you need 8.6
*just* because you need CarbonLib, or if there's some other reason.

- Eric.

--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)