PowerMac 7.5 OS on a Duo 230?

Marc Sira toh at victoria.tc.ca
Sat Mar 22 20:33:56 PST 2003

> I won an eBay auction for a Mac OS7.5.1 CD and received it today through the
> post. On the CD it says it's intended for the PowerMac 7500/8500 computers.
>
> Could I still use this CD to update to MacOS7.5.1 on my Powerbook Duo 230?

Maybe. But you'd probably be better off downloading the free 7.5.3 from
Apple's site, and applying the 7.5.5 update that's also there. If you install
7.5.1 (which is wretched), you'll otherwise want to immediately download the
7.5.3 update - which is around the same size as the full install - and apply
it, then 7.5.5 (which is small, but requires 7.5.3).

In other words, the CD is pretty much worthless whether it installs or not.
Hope you didn't pay a lot for it.

Marc Sira		|	toh at victoria.tc.ca
If you can't play with words, what good are they?