[Duo2400] Trying to test a 2300c MoBo

Scott Holder ncc1701 at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 22 21:25:42 PST 2003

At 06:21 PM 3/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey Duo-ers,
>
>I recently heard about a Mac that would not startup unless it had a battery
>in it. That got me to thinking...
>
>I have a 2300c Mobo that I am trying to test, but I am having problems... it
>will chime at startup, but nothing happens to the Duo 250 screen I have
>attached to it. Also, when a HD is attached to it, it does not spin up at all.
>
>It has no PB battery, nor does it have a PRAM battery...
>
>Help?
>Cunfoos'd Craig W.

I've run a Duo board in a dock completely naked. Just literally sticking it
on the docking connector. Maybe not the best idea, but it works.

Check and see if you can barely see anything. I have a 2300 board that
doesn't light up the backlight. Haven't really figured out what to do yet,
I may try wiring up a manual bypass. Since I have a fully functional 2300c,
and still prefer my 280c, haven't been terribly antsy to mess with it.

Scott Holder