Firewire drive on 2400

Donald McCaig McCaig at va.tds.net
Sun Mar 23 03:23:17 PST 2003

Dear Gurus,
	Ivan Drucker asked if anyone had experience running firewire with 9.1.
I've a 2400/240 9.1 and use a CBFW2 to pull MP3's off an IMac DV in target
mode. I can only install the card after start up, then connect to the DV
and must eject both before shutdown.
	I've found that the necessary Apple & CBFW2 extensions tend to
disable themselves so that I've made a lean  firewire set on Conflict
Catcher and after I start up I check both the extensions folder and
conflict catcher to be sure they're loaded. Then I insert card and hold
breath.
					Donald McCaig