Edge Memory for 2400 ugly mess

Scott's Lists lists at detwiler.us
Sun Mar 23 10:38:30 PST 2003

Hello, all.

I asked a question of the list several weeks ago about uncooperative Edge 64
MB memory modules for my 2400.

The situation has since worsened.

I bought two from an online retailer. I have one 2400 to try them in. Both
modules were only showing 32 of their advertised 64 MB.

Edge sent two replacements, but the two new ones show NOTHING at all!

Meanwhile, the 32 MB chip that came with this used machine happily shows his
32 MB no matter how many times I take him in and out.

I have been in conversation with Edge's support about this. They have been
accomodating, but I sense an impasse approaching that's headed for my
wallet. I post the conversation here for your analysis. It's in reverse
chronological order, so you may need to read it from the bottom up. I have
removed some names and redundant info.

Perhaps one of you knows something about the inner workings of the 2400 that
can shed light on this.

What is going on here??

Scott

--------BEGIN EMAIL CONVERSATION RECORD (Newest to oldest)--------------