[Duo2400] OS 9.2.1?

Macalintal, Roderick macalintalr at coe-dmha.org
Wed Mar 26 08:16:10 PST 2003

Ryan,

I believe that you cannot get to 9.22 without a hack.  9.1 works great though.  I did mine booting off a Sony external CDROM.  However, if you go to 9 from 8.6, you will have to boot without any cardbus cards plugged in as it will hang on bootup.  This is a problem for cards that need to be installed at startup (e.g. IBM firewire cards).

If you have a large enough disk, you can partition it to have multiple operating systems.  That being said, if you already have 8.6 loaded on your disk, you probably have to back it up first as I am not aware of an easy way to repartition a drive without losing the data.

Create a bootable floppy from your installation CD (I made mine from an 8.5 CD), then copy the CD extension for your external drive.  You may not be able to boot straight off your CD, but you will then be able to install the OS to your drive.

I have a similar 2400c, and I was using 9.1 until I tried to use firewire.  I then downgraded to 8.6 and used the firewire extensions from 9.1 to get the card working.

Rod