[Duo2400] OS 9.2.1?

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Wed Mar 26 09:48:48 PST 2003

At 8:08 AM -0800 3/26/2003, Ryan Banda wrote:
>I recently acquired the Installation disks for OS
>9.2.1, and I was hoping to upgrade my
>2400c/180/1.3G/80MB/CardBus from OS 8.6.
>
>I have not had any success in getting the CD to allow
>me to install it on my computer. I cannot start from
>my external CD ROM, either. I am beginning to wonder
>
>Questions:
>Can the 2400 run OS 9.2? Should it?
>How have others upgraded to OS 9.1? Via CD?
>Should I create a large disk image to boot from?
>
>OS 8.6 has been very good to me, and I have backed up
>all my files in case I have to go back. Can I go back
>after upgrading? Would it be wise to partition my hard
>drive first?
>
>I hope I haven't exhausted your patience for
>questions. Thanks for all of your help!!

Any version of OS 9 over 9.1 is for use with OS X and as such has the
same limitation of OS X, that is it requires a native G3 processor.
While there is software that may get you around this it probably
isn't worth the trouble.  There are no significant feature
enhancements to OS 9 above 9.1.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA