[Duo2400] Re: Duo Keyboard, battery and screen.

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 05:15:14 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/27/03 3:08:57 AM, alomac at ihug.com.au writes:

>but on the other hand, they
>sound like they can be a real PITA to live with.

Nah.  We just like taking our units apart and playing with them!  Other than
a failed logic, a bad memory card and the occasional bad keyboard, my Duos
have been excellent units.  Please understand that I've built/rebuilt/mod'ed
around 25 units so far, most purchased secondhand.  Look around for a
DOS/WinDoze unit that is still as popular as a Duo....you won't find one.  My
Duo has been to 15+ countries, still runs great.  Batteries are an easy
rebuild, drives are cheap and I've never seen the screen problems some speak
about.  Get one....you may have to tinker with it, but it will not be a PITA.

Heck....I may just have to sell my 2300 and start scrounging parts to do
another FrankenDuo!!

Cheers!
Andrew