Lotus Notes for Mac

wayne ingalls ingallsw at frontiernet.net
Fri Mar 28 18:57:13 PST 2003

> "T (W) Virkkala wrote:
> By the way, my 280c came with LotusNotes installed. But I apparently
> destroyed all the help files for it. Does anyone know anything about
> LotusNotes for Mac? I couldn't find it for sale now, much less get some
> information on how to use it.

You can buy LotusNotes if you want to, but it's not a POP/IMAP mail
client. You need to have a LotusNotes mailserver running in order to
use it. It's not the greatest email program, but the collaboration or
groupware part of it is why you might want it.

If your company uses LN but doesn't want to know about Macs, I
can probably help you with client software and configuration info
(we use it at my office). If your company doesn't use it there's no
reason why you would want to use it as an individual so you may as
well erase all the remaining files.

BTW, there is a great mailing list for LN/Mac users. The people who
write the Mac version read and respond to the list, so if there are
other LN/Mac users reading this, let me know. I can send you details
on how to subscribe as well as some info on how to tweak your
settings for better performance.

-wayne