Dock (II) question

T (W) Virkkala virkkala at wirkman.com
Fri Mar 28 18:15:48 PST 2003

I just realized I have a Dock problem. Or, more properly, that I have a
different sort of Dock problem than I thought.

I use a 280c. I have a DuoDock. Not a II model, just a Duo Dock. I use it
all the time, and it works fine with my 280c.

I just learned that the 280c is not supposed to work with the first Duo
Dock. The Dock requires a new lid to work with color-model Duos... or
somesuch.

So, how do I use the Dock? (I said I did use it. And it "works fine"...)

Well, when I got the Dock, I thought it was busted. I thought about the
problem (it would not grab the Duo), so I reached inside the device and
pulled a "grabber" forward. And if I do that each time before inserting the
Duo, the Dock does indeed grab the Duo and the Duo fires up just fine from
the keyboard.

Should I be worring about this? Have I ruined the Dock for other Duos? Is
it absolutely imperative that I replace the Dock with a Dock II?

Or do I have a modified Dock and not know it?

¢¢

"I junk all emails that aren't ASCII"