[Duo2400] Re: Duo Dock simms question

Ben Smith ben.smith at qm-systems.com
Fri May 9 01:17:25 PDT 2003

The following is taken from the Apple Tech Specs, see:
<http://www.info.apple.com/support/applespec.legacy/powerbook.html>
For full details.

Original Dock:
No FPU (Optional U/G with 68882)
512K Vram, Upgradeable to 1Mb
No Ethernet (optional on NuBus card)

Dock II:
FPU as standard (68882)
1Mb Vram - Non upgradeable
Built-in Ethernet

Dock+ (dock II+)
No FPU (This was intended for the 040 & PPC PowerBook's that would not
support a FPU)
1Mb Vram - Non upgradeable
Built-in Ethernet

I hope this helps with identifying different Dock's.
Ben.
NB the original Dock shipped with a lower lid with no flap and would only
take the mono Duo's, a free (I think) upgrade was offered to the Colour lid
which had the flap at the front and was taller to accommodate the extra
screen thickness of the colour Duo's