Duo Dock simms question

BrianH b.harding at qmul.ac.uk
Fri May 9 01:50:07 PDT 2003

>> Not so, one of the 3 models does not have the option, (I think it was the
>> Duo Dock II+)
>> Likewise the FPU, the 2+ does not have the capability to fit one (the
>> other's either have it fitted or have a QFP socket for one).
>> Ben.
>>
>	The Duo Dock Plus (or 2+) has the FPU and additional video memory
>already installed.
>
>	The FPU is not used by the Duo 2300 (it being a PowerPC), but it
>is used by the other Duo Powerbooks that lack the FPU.

>From the Service Manual

Coprocessor, Duo Dock		Motorola 68882 FPU chip
				(optional for standard Duo Dock)
				25 MHz
Coprocessor, Duo Dock II	Motorola 68882 FPU chip
				and 32K RAM cache
				33 MHz

VRAM Duo Dock			512K of VRAM soldered on logic board
				512K VRAM SIMM
					(optional for standard Duo Dock)
VRAM Duo Dock II/
Duo Dock Plus			I MB of VRAM soldered on logic board;
					no slot for additional VRAM expansion

... and iirc, the 68882 only works with up to 030 models - hence it's
omission from later docks??

hth

--

Take care .....