Duo 280...Help requested

Jack Corcoran jkcorcor at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 14:55:55 PDT 2003

Hi Gang,

I have been operating my Duo 280 for a couple of years
sans the availability of the power reset button on the
rear, i.e., clicking it when the box is frozen up does
nothing.  Instead, following a freeze-up, I have been
effecting a keyboard restart by hitting
control/Apple/Power.

Alas, when recently removing the battery, with the AC
adapter connected, the box crashed.  The lights went
out and have remained out.  The AC adapter works on
another 280 and the battery works in another 280, so
it doesn't seem to be a source problem. Naturally,
with the box dead, I cannot avail myself of the
keyboard restart method. And, as mentioned, I can't
reset the power; the button clicks but that's it.

Need some help.  Any/all deas welcomed.

Best

Jack Corcoran