[Duo2400] Re: Duo 280...Help requested

sirksd sirksd at cox.net
Sat May 10 20:06:00 PDT 2003

Well, it appears to me that taking the unit apart will be necessary.  I don't mess
with soldering and changing chips on motherboards on Duos.  But, if you have another
280, you can take the hard disk from the one that doesn't work and put it in another,
even a 230 from eBay, and get the data off that way.  Also, change over the ram card
if you have one.  Removing the hard drive is not a difficult job.  Only the right
screwdrivers and one hour or less are needed.  Also, you should be able to boot from
a 230 or 280 after replacing the hard drive. You should notice no change at all in
the operation of the computer with the exception that your power system and reset
will work right.  Your hard drive is probably OK.  Used duos on eBay are very cheap -
280 b&w for under $50.00 or 230 b&w for under $40.00 last time I bought one.  Good
luck.

Dan in AZ