[Duo2400] Re: Duo for Photo Downloads

mac at ozymandias.unm.edu mac at ozymandias.unm.edu
Tue May 13 11:15:51 PDT 2003

"Jim Allen" <jimallen at bright.net> writes:

>     Thanks, everyone for the suggestions so far. When I'm home, my G4
> does the work for me, but on the road is the problem. Right now, I
> carry about 2 gigs worth of Compact Flash memory, but I know that one
> day, on some job, that won't be enough and I'll need to download those
> cards. My Duo is an old friend, but I'm also trying not to have to
> spend the bucks on a new laptop.
>      I look forward to hearing about other problems/solutions/updates
> as well

There are SCSI Compact Flash readers, but you'd need a SCSI dock for
your Duo.  Kodak had some readers on clearance a year or two ago- they
might be hard to find now.  I wish I had bought more than one.
Another possibility-  media storage on compact flash is (usually?) in
a standard format- an older camera with a serial port and 68k software
*might* be able to read the cards and transfer the photos.

--
Dana
mac at ozymandias.unm.edu