Airport software [was: KeyChainLib]

ELN/rlf9 rlf9 at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 19:23:50 PDT 2003

Duo/2400 List wrote...

>From: Jake Luck <comet at 10k.org>
>Subject: [Duo2400] KeyChainLib
>

>Rebuilding my 2400's system here. I did a fresh 8.6 install. Installed the
>CarbonLib 1.6 and all the files extracted from Airport 2.0.4's Tome. While
>Airport seems to work fine, the "Airport Admin Utility" won't launch. It
>complains "can not find KeyChainLib". I copied over the three KeyChain
>related files from my 9.1 partition into the System Folder. Downloaded the
>Keychain SDK 1.0.1 and put the "KeyChainLib" file from there in the
>Extensions folder. Same error. The Developer documentation mentioned a
>file called "KeyChain Library". Does anyone here has such a file? Anyone
>here running 8.6 with Lucent Cards? Thanks.
>
>jake

I've seen no such file.

In the 2400c I'm running 8.6 with a Lucent silver card and Airport 1.3.1
software. Just finally got a cable modem here, and my beloved little
Comet has a frisky new life at my overcrowded desk connecting to the web
via one of the new Extreme base stations (firmware 5.0.4), in turn
connected to Comcast's Motorola cable modem via ethernet. Why use 2.0.4?
1.3.1 works fine; in fact I had to use its AirPort Setup Assistant to get
it to work at first with the Extreme.

Our new home wireless network was set up using my newish TiBook (Jag
10.2.6). The second partition on the TiBook runs 9.2.2 and Airport 2.0.4
software.

The only oddities I'm experiencing at all so far are that the Airport
programs in non-X partitions all lack their "Connect" buttons and also
report they're connected via ethernet when they're certainly not--but the
base station is. With a cable modem, I don't need "Connect" buttons
anyhow; I can just turn the airport cards on and off with the surviving
button when necessary.

Bob F