[Duo2400] 4 gig Wall Street drive fit in 2400c?

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Thu May 22 19:57:39 PDT 2003

Drew, kinda useless answer, but the 2400 will take 12.5mm thick drive
or less....the question is, what did the G3 have in it.

I would think the G3 would be no larger than 12.5 since that's been
the standard for the past few years, until the 9.5's really started
to show up.

You might just give MCE a call and ask.

http://store.powerbook1.com/harddrives.html

I'm not sure what the deal is here(from MCE's site), except for a
controller issue maybe:
PowerBook G3 1998 Owners: The PowerBook G3 Series 1998 (Apple Family
Number M4753) has special internal hard drive requirements. As a
result of this, it is imperative that you specify whether you have
this PowerBook model when you place an order for a MobileStor hard
drive to ensure that you are sent the correct solution for your
computer.

>>Howdy, List;
>>

>I never got the definitive answer to the question:
>
>Will the 4 gig hard drive from a G3 Wall Street fit in my PB 2400c?
>
>Are they the same size?
>
>Thanks

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.