640 x 480?

BrianH b.harding at qmul.ac.uk
Fri May 23 05:43:26 PDT 2003

>No problem with external monitor, can't remember what the monitors
>control panel offers for the PB itself, but I thought LCD's were
>fixed resolution.

My 280Cs (on which I based my original answer) offer 640*480 and 640*400.
Several Apple portables also offer choices. But the 2400 Service Manual
only lists 800*600.

I think by the time of the 2400, buyers just wanted the biggest/most
colours.
<http://everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook/stats/mac_powerbook2400c_180.html>
just says '10.4" Color active-matrix (16-bit, thousands of colors) SVGA
LCD'.

You can sometimes get a list of 'other' resolutions by holding down the
'Option' key when selecting from the control panel. ymmv.

hth

--

Take care .....

Brian