Non Apple External CD drives

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 16:25:39 PST 2003

Hi all,

I recently obtained a Panasonic KXL-810MN 20x cd-rom
drive.

This is supposed to be the Powerbook compatible
version, of course there were no drivers( that would
be to easy) luckily it cam with the SCSI cable. Oh
Yeah and it is a Japanese product so nothing in
English available from Panasonic.

Anyway after much experimenting, resEditing and web
browsing I was able to modify a CD/DVD Driver to
recognize this drive.

Okay here is the really good part, it makes it a
bootable drive. Bonus for me.

Anyway my question is this, I can only get audio by
plugging the audio out of the CD into the audio in of
the Comet.

Anyone else using external CD drives and getting audio
throught the SCSI link?

Can you get audio to pass throught the SCSI?

Any thoughts?

Brian

=====
Brian