Finally Got a 2400c! Please help me to optimize it/set it up for wireless

pulin at mailcan.com pulin at mailcan.com
Sat Nov 15 01:04:48 PST 2003

Well, finally got it working!  Searched google groups and it seems like many
people were having problems with Apple's 8.6 update way back whenever it was
released.

I had been trying to d/l it with Safari and Speed Download 2.  Based on some
of the newsgroup postings, I disabled Speed Download and d/l'd it via
IE...viola...unstuffed and mounted just fine!

Anyway, I updated my 8.5 Comet to 8.6 and that went smoothly.   Then
proceeded to run the Orinoco 7.2 installer, but it wouldn't install
anything.  The installer ran and let me click on Install, but the only thing
it would install was the user license document and installer log on the
desktop (the log, of course, was blank b/c it didn't install anything).

Luckily, all the installer does is place the control panel and various
extensions into their proper folders.  So, I was just able to do that
manually and restart and run the Set-Up Assistant via the Orinoco control
panel.  Had to do some minor tweaking via the TCP/IP control panel and it
finally worked!

I'm able to surf wirelessly on the Comet thanks to you guys and Derek
Miller's awesome document.

Thanks again!