[Duo2400] Re: Given PB2400c, and I killed it! (GLOD)

Chuck Kenney kenneyc at mac.com
Sat Nov 15 20:47:01 PST 2003

I tore my GLOD/COD 2400c down tonight (again).  While it was apart, I
decided to track down and test every fuse that I could find on the thing.
There is a 2A fuse at F4 on the underside of the logic board that is bad.
It is almost dead center of the board.

I am going to track down a source for the fuse, and have my crazy soldering
coworker replace it for me.  (as well as replace the bottom yellow wires on
the bottom of the board)

I plan on documenting the process, and posting more details here when it is
done.  The actual fuse replacement will be identical to the 1A fuse on the
top of the board that is at the 2400 intensive care site, but the part
source may end up being different.

Wish me luck!

--
Chuck Kenney

FreeFall Software
http://www.freefallsoftware.com/

for the record, google denies the existence of "shaved cake"
            -- xenocide