[Duo2400] How do I make a Disk Tools floppy?

Bill Judson jutso at ripco.com
Sat Nov 22 20:48:16 PST 2003

> I was also looking for the disk tools floppy disk image for a 2400
> that had a newer finder on it so i could access HFS+ volumes
> I think it was a 8.1 NOT 7.X image that was needed.
>
> I think there was one posted a while back.
> thanks - bon

<http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Soft\
ware_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/System/Mac_OS_8.1_Up\
date/Disk_Tools_PPC.img.bin>

(You may have to remove the "\"s & reconnect the lines into 1 big 1 before
it works as a clickable URL.)

> Thanks for the information. I'll have to look through
> the archives if I don't hear from anyone else. Will
> the 8.1 Disk Tools floppy work OK when my Duo has the
> 7.5.3 system on it?

Yes.

> Also, what is an HFS+ volume? I'm new to Mac's!
>
> Art

HFS+ is the Mac's equivalent to a FAT32 volume -- less waste of space,
without unnecessary blocks devoted to files.

OS 8.1 is necessary to create or access an HFS+ volume, though.

--
Over,

        Jutso

	http://pages.ripco.net/~jutso/