[Duo2400] Re: 2400c/180 and 8.5+

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 22:00:45 PST 2003

--- Chuck Kenney <kenneyc at mac.com> wrote:
> Yep.  It will boot 8.5, 8.6, 9.0, and 9.1 if I boot
> holding shift
> (extensions disabled).  It will not boot (gives
> error) if I boot with
> extensions turned off using extensions manager, and
> not holding down shift.

First thing I always do after a system install, even
doing a custom install, is check the Control Panels
and Extentions folders for items that are for things
the Mac does not have.

A pet peeve of mine is the 8.6 update. It has no
custom options at all. No matter what Mac you're
running it on, you get a slew of useless items
installed. Why does it install USB and Firewire
on the x100 series PowerMacs??? Apple's installer
programmers must have been quite a bunch of lazy bums
when they made the 8.6 update without any (or very
minimal) automatic detection of what model of Mac
it's being installed on.

=====
"You never have to repair or replace what you leave out of the design."
William "Bill" Powell Lear, inventor of the 8-Track tape and the Learjet.