PB2300c & Zip Drive Problems

Donald M Surles dmsurl2 at uky.edu
Tue Nov 25 06:57:49 PST 2003

I am having some problems with two 2300c's and a zip drive. It's a SCSI drive (obviously) connected by way of a HDI-30 to DB-25 adapter and then to the Iomega-branded cable. The problem is that it simply refuses to mount. I've tried v4 & v6 drivers, but nada. System Profiler reports a 'Hard Drive' of unknown size of type Iomega Zip on the proper ID, but it won't mount. I've tried a 2300 running 7.6, and one running 8.1 (and 8.0 prior).

The mysterious thing is the same setup (zip, cable, adapter) works flawlessly on my two Powerbook 100's without a driver of any kind.

Thanks in advance for any help!
-matt surles