Ethernet

Goodwin, Greg GoodwinG at aafes.com
Mon Oct 6 11:08:58 PDT 2003

      For the past month I have been a 250 user.  Last weekend I found a 280c at the First Saturday Sidewalk sale.  I saw it last month, and there it was this month.  The battery, suprisingly is good too.

     (Is there any reason a 280 would not use a recently rebuilt 250 battery BTW)??

     Here is the big question...

     ... I have the Duo Dock II and Duo Dock plus.  I found the dongle adaptors that adapt the little mini-network port to the regular ethernet lan port.  Been playing with this under system 7.5.x with no luck getting ethernet and appletalk to work.

     Trying to get this 7.5 computer to talk to a 9.22 system.

     So I have a billion questions on this.  I've gotten 9.22 and system x Appletalk systems to work through a Linksys router.  (I would connect this up again, but I forgot the IP address to talk to that thing... maybe find the instructions tonight).  I have yet to get a 7.5 system to talk to a appletalk network.

     Hopefully getting this Duo 280c to talk to the 9.22 system will be easier than my Newton 2000 has been.  :)

    Take care!

Greg Goodwin