[Duo2400] Battery Charger upgrade

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 15:28:22 PDT 2003

Question 6: Why does a red light appear on the
external battery recharger when I insert a Type 3
battery for a PowerBook Duo 230 computer?

Answer: First, check the model number on the bottom of
your battery recharger. A recharger with a model
number of M7778 will only charge Type 1 batteries. A
recharger with a model number of M1812 will charge
Type 1, 2 or 3 batteries, but may need to be updated
to use a Type 3 battery.

To update your battery recharger for a Type 3 battery,
follow these steps:

*	If a red light appears when you place a Type 3
battery into the recharger, the recharger is either
the older model or the recharger needs to be updated.
*	If you have a recharger model M1812 and you need to
update it, follow these steps:

1. Shut down the PowerBook Duo computer, make sure the
Type 3 battery and any necessary software has been
installed. If you're running System 7.5.1 the Type III
Battery extension must be installed.

2. Plug the power adapter into an AC outlet using the
power cord that came with the computer.

3. Snap the recharger onto the side of the power
adapter.

4. Plug the power adapter cable into the power adapter
port on the back of the Duo computer.

5. Turn on the PowerBook Duo to download the update to
the charger.

--- RasAzul at aol.com wrote:
> Hello List, I have a problem I hope you can help me
> with, I have a Duo 2300
> running OS 8.6 with a 6gig harddrive and 28mb of ram
> built in. My problem is
> that I have a typeIII battery I would like to get
> charged but my power supply
> battery charger (model m1812) won't charge the
> battery. It seems it needs an
> upgrade in order to do so. Here is the question:
> does anyone on the list know
> where to find this needed upgrade. I have searched
> Apple older software downloads
> and can't find it there. Perhaps I overlooked
> something.
> Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
> Brad

=====
Brian
Personal Email briang113 at yahoo.com