Battery Charger update

RasAzul at aol.com RasAzul at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 18:22:35 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/7/03 7:11:52 PM,From: Brian Getz
<briang113 at yahoo.com>Subject: [Duo2400] DuoList at lists.themacintoshguy.com writes:
Answer: First, check the model number on the bottom of

your battery recharger. A recharger with a model

number of M7778 will only charge Type 1 batteries. A

recharger with {a model number of M1812 will charge

Type 1, 2 or 3 batteries, but may need to be updated

to use a Type 3 battery.}

<< 1. Shut down the PowerBook Duo computer, make sure the

Type 3 battery and any necessary software has been

installed. If you're running System 7.5.1 the Type III

Battery extension must be installed.  >>

Brian thank you for sending this information to me to show me what to do. I
have already seen this and if you notice, it mentions any necessary software
must be installed as well as the battery.
Where is the necessary software that must be installed to update the M1812
battery charger so that it can and will charge Type111 batteries?
Thank you Brad.