[Duo2400] 2300c screen on 280

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 00:22:37 PDT 2003

--- Andrew Wiens <macfreak4 at softhome.net> wrote:
> Can a 2300c screen be put on a 280?  I know a 280c
> or 280 screen can
> be used on a 2300 but can vice versa?  Also, can a
> 280 trackball work
> on a 2300?   Thanks, all!

Any Duo trackball and case top will fit the 2300 to
dump the touchy-pad.

I'm 99.9% certain the 2300c screen will not work on
a 280. (All Duos that were available in color or
mono/greyscale, the only difference was the screen and
a "c" printed after the model number.)

The 2300 board supports ALL other Duo screens, but
why would anyone want to run a passive matrix, 640x400
screen on a PPC PowerBook? Even the active matrix
greyscale 640x400 screens aren't that hot, mainly
because of the "missing" 80 pixels of height.

=====
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."