[Duo2400] Re: 2300c screen on 280

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 04:56:31 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/8/03 3:23:06 AM, g_alan_e at yahoo.com writes:

<< I'm 99.9% certain the 2300c screen will not work on
a 280. (All Duos that were available in color or
mono/greyscale, the only difference was the screen and
a "c" printed after the model number.) >>

Heh...I'm 100% certain.  Tried it, chased circuits, thought about building an
interface, but never could get enough info on the scan rates and screen
refresh circuitry (the differences).  Someone built one once, remember reading
about it...and thought, "why burn all that time?  Just to be able to say, 'I did
it!'??"

I found a greyscale screen and just enjoyed 2.5 hr battery life.  Amazing how
long the battery will last w/o backlighting!

Andrew