[Duo2400] Re: Viability of a 2400

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 17:49:13 PDT 2003

John-Mark, Tobias pretty much hit it on the head, but you might see
if there is something on this site to try before you part it out or
send it to DT&T.

http://home.socal.rr.com/midijab/

The fact that you need a power supply and floppy drive, make it less
appealing, particularly if it has the OEM 1.3GB drive. I'm not sure
what you said the memory was.

For the $200 you'd pay DT&T, you could part yours out, add the $200
and buy a working PB 2400 with a few accessories.

>John,
>
>  > So, my question: is it worth the trouble to do anything to this machine?
>  >  I know I would have to buy a power supply, probably a floppy
>  > drive to get the system patched up, and maybe even a battery. Is there a
>  > bootable CD-ROM drive for the 2400?
>
>  > John-Mark Palacios

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.