[Duo2400] Re: Newertech Etherdock

Tom and Lisa P gionpeters at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 04:03:30 PST 2003

>Apparently it is one of those highly annoying
>installers that insists it must install from a disk
>with a specific name and will not install to the disk
>it's currently on even if that disk has the right
>name.
>
>So you'll have to format a floppy, name it EtherTech
>Installer, copy the installer to it then run it from
>there. Not so bad unless the floppy is connected
>to the EtherDock and requires a driver before the
>floppy can be used...

I ttried that too, and I couldt copy over the empty folder named
"Desktop Folder".  The OS said "no no, you cant have a folder with
that name".  So I tried to install without that file, from a
floppy,but the installer tells me that its the wrong disk....

>If the files are not compressed, drop them onto the
>System Folder and the System will come back saying
>that they need to be put in the extentions and/or
>control panels folders, do you want to do that?
>Of course you do so click OK.

Well, the control planel is obvious, and I put the .DD driver in the
extensions folder, but that didnt do it, either.

Mad Dog