[Duo2400] Meanwhile with the Duo 250...

Willie Roth wroth2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Sep 20 09:24:54 PDT 2003

On Friday, September 19, 2003, at 11:55 AM, Goodwin, Greg wrote:
Just got my battery pack rebuilt for my Duo 250, and now it stays up
for a good hour or so rather than just powering on and then back off
again.  :)
Nice little computer.  Might actually replace my Newton 2x00
eventually.  The Newton is great, but the Duo can actually emulate
several other computers. Is there any way to fool a Duo into thinking
it is displaying on 256 color BTW?  I believe even the Duo 280 can only
display like 16 color right?

No, the 280 I believe can do 256 and I know the 2300 can do 1000's

But nice computer.  I have one working dock.  I want to get a dock for
work and home.  Now that would be awesome!  I actually have a second
dock, but the power supply on it is blown.

  Actually there is avery easy and cheap fix for a dock that has ticking
power supply problems. It involves a little soldering and spending a
buck for a new capacitor from Radio Shack. I've fixed 4 or 5 docks this
way.
Willie Roth
Here are a couple of sites that give more info and of course standard
warning to do this only at your own peril.

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Delta/2133/duoTick.html
http://home.att.net/~JBDUOFAQ/repin.html
http://www.sci.ccny.cuny.edu/~cleary/computers/duo.html