[Duo2400] duo nightmare

Stuart Bell stuartsmacs at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 23 01:21:00 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 10:03 AM, Mason wrote:

> Oh yeah, and I heard that some early MacOS versions are in the public
> domain now, is there anywhere one can download them?

Not PD as such, but Apple have allowed some people in the past to put
System 6 and earlier up for easy access and d/l.  About a year ago,
they withdrew that permission and threatened legal action against
anyone who has old Systems on their web sites. But ISTR that some
System 6 stuff is on the Apple ftp site. 7.5 is available, but not 7.1
because it contains some code that Apple licenced from others.

Stuart