duo nightmare

Mason mason at flashcube.org
Tue Sep 23 02:03:27 PDT 2003

Hello...    I have been reading this list for about two weeks now and
it seems that all everyone has is 2400s. I have acquired a 2300c Duo
and have recently bought a DuoDock from Ebay.  The Duo itself would
boot up to the point where I got the unknown disk icon on the screen,
but only when plugged in (bad battery I assume). I do not have an Apple
type display, but have an adapter to hook up a regular VGA screen to
it. When I put the Duo in the Dock, nothing happens, except once,
inexplicably, the Dock grabbed onto it and attempted to boot, then spat
it out again.  During all this, nothing appeared on the display, even
after I had gone through every jumper setting on it (there are four
jumpers on the adapter) Any ideas how I may be able to get this up and
running?  At this point that is the main quest, I really have no idea
what I am going to do with this after that.

Oh yeah, and I heard that some early MacOS versions are in the public
domain now, is there anywhere one can download them?

Thanks all.

Mason