[Duo2400] Alternative PSUs

Doug Rosser dougrosser at optushome.com.au
Tue Sep 23 04:00:40 PDT 2003

> From: Stuart Bell <stuartsmacs at dsl.pipex.com>
e PSUs

> Hi!
>
> The story so far:
>
> Acquired a nice 2300 with 56Mb/1Gb. Duo Dock II (too bulky to keep) but
> no PSU.
>
> Charged the battery in the Dock, and pleased with result - 1hr+ charge.
>
> Saw several PSUs for Duos on eBay.co.uk, but none suitable for the 2300
> according to the famous
>
> Realised that the voltage spec and plug size of my PB1400 PSU matched
> that for the Duo 2300. Seems to work fine. But really want the Duo to
> have its own PSU.
>
> So, the question is: is there a list anywhere of PB PSUs that will work
> with the Duo 2300, given Apple's delight in changing plug sizes at
> random intervals? (I've already seen the 'discussions' on this list
> about 190/5300 PSUs in April from the Archive!)
>
> TIA,
>
> Stuart

I think you will find any power pack for a DUO, 1400, WallStreet, Lombard,
Pismo and ClamShell ibook will work - even the flying saucer model.
They all give 24V with the same shielded tip/sleeve plug.
Earlier DUO ones may be a little current .limited and not give enough
current to both power and charge your 2300 at the same time.

Doug