[Duo2400] 4GB limit?

Andy Nicholl andy at andynic.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 12:03:38 PDT 2003

This posting just reminded me that I meant to ask you, the experts:-

What is the situation with upgrading hard drives on the 2400c?  Is there a
4GB limit on disc size?  is there some relationship between this and the
SCSI/IDE interface/conflict.

I tried looking on the Apple site and ended up more confused - one article
said that HDDs could not be more than 4 GB, another said it could as long as
the last 16MB was partitioned out and not used.  What is the true situation?

Ihave a spare 10GB drive, Apple formatted, which I hope will fit when I get
round to dismembering my 2400 for memory and CPU upgrades.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Nicholl
Dunfermline, Scotland