[Duo2400] Re: WOW

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Thu Sep 25 12:56:53 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/25/2003 2:37:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rlf9 at earthlink.net writes:

> What capabilities does it gain via the IDE drive? What's the HDD MB
>  size limit on the PB150? Thx.

Well, the IDE drives are faster, cheaper, and way bigger. The largest PURE
SCSI laptop hard drive I've ever seen was only about 800mb...

I even once read a article where some (alledgedly) got a PB 150 to use a CF
card as its hard drive....

As far as the size limit of the HDD, I am not sure... I mean, since the PB
150 does not support SCSI Disk Mode anyway, I guess the sky (and speed of the
HD!) is the limit.

Finally, since I kinda got all of this started by commenting that the PB 150
was among the ridiculously priced Macs (to go along with the 2400c, TAM, CC,
etc.), I feel the need to clarify....

When I said the PB 150 was ridiculously priced on today's market, I meant
when compared to similar laptops of its day, including the rest of the '030 PB
1xx line. Check Ebay and see what good-working examples are going for!

Craig W.