[Duo2400] Re: 4GB limit?

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 16:23:09 PDT 2003

The size limit seems to only come into play with
regards to the SCSI disk mode.

I recently put a 10 gb in my 2400 and partioned it
into three sections.

The small sections house only OS 9.1 and OS 8.6 OS's
The third section holds all the other
files(applications games etc.)

I have had no problems with the SCSI disk mode when I
use it.

The 4 gb number seems to be the limit if you want to
use SCSI disk mode.

Anybody tried to use it with anything larger than 4GB
partion

--- Andy Nicholl <andy at andynic.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> This posting just reminded me that I meant to ask
> you, the experts:-
>
> What is the situation with upgrading hard drives on
> the 2400c?  Is there a
> 4GB limit on disc size?  is there some relationship
> between this and the
> SCSI/IDE interface/conflict.
>
> I tried looking on the Apple site and ended up more
> confused - one article
> said that HDDs could not be more than 4 GB, another
> said it could as long as
> the last 16MB was partitioned out and not used.
> What is the true situation?
>
> Ihave a spare 10GB drive, Apple formatted, which I
> hope will fit when I get
> round to dismembering my 2400 for memory and CPU
> upgrades.
>
> Thanks,

=====
Brian