[Duo2400] 2300c Distorted screen-image

Lars Lincoln lincoln at zeta.telenordia.se
Mon Apr 5 00:00:08 PDT 2004

Hello again, I found what caused the problem at last.

After looking into the screen and not finding any signs och damage or
so, i began thinking.

The image had 5 columns and 2 rows of distorted pattern, and ii didn´t
match the connectors of the screen; 8 at the bottom and 4 at the side.
Probably not them.

But it did match the pixel screen size: 5 columns X 128 = 640! Sound
digital to me, so maybe the error was to found in a circuit or so.

At that time I remembered that i had a screenproblem when inserting a
Vram card into my DuoDock, and the screen got bad. And I found the
corrupted ram, put it in the machine and a similar distorted pattern
shows up.

So it was probably a motherboard/memory problem then!

I examined the motherboard at close range and strong light, and found
it; a place where a pair of "legs" from a chip where physically
damaged. One of the support-pinns on the back-cover, the grey plastic
ones, had rubbed un those "legs" and finally caused a shortage.

I cleaned up the area whith a scalpell and some
electronic-cleaning-spray, carved some of the support away, and put
thing together agian. Voila; it worked as nothing ever happend!

Thanks for your time, and have a nice day!

	Lars

> Hello people, I have a 2300c that wont show a good screen-picture.
> It´s difficult to explain in english howw it looks on the screen, but
> it appears lika a finr grid of black and white pixels has been put on
> the screen-image, and it´s divided into 5 vertical fields. It seems
> like the screen is shown in 2 x 5 different versions at the same time.

Lars Lincoln
C/o Bollö Smedja
Importgatan 35
S-422 46 Hisings Backa