[Duo2400] Im in need of serious help!

Greg 2400C at retrotechpost.com
Tue Apr 6 09:56:02 PDT 2004

On Apr 6, 2004, at 10:43 AM, Master , wrote:

> My powerbook 2400c froze on me, so i just hit the
> reset button on the baaack. Usually this would have
> been fine but for some reason it wouldnt start again.
> My powerbook 2400c froze while i took out my serial
> ccd rom drive to plug in the scsi adapter for my
> paralell printer.as soon aas i pluged it it foze. now
> when i turn on my pb it makes the noise and the screen
> comes up grey like usuall. but this time i dont see
> the little pc icon, and it does not start up. Any
> ideas on how to fix the problem?

You probably blew the SCSI term power fuse swapping out SCSI adapters
while powered up (a big no-no). It's a flea-sized SMD 2 amp fuse on the
back side in the center of the mobo. If you're not handy soldering and
taking apart PowerBooks, time to send it out for repair... or sell it
for parts.

--
Greg
2400C at retrotechpost.com