Internet and 9.1

Paul Simons phsra at voicenet.com
Fri Apr 9 07:04:11 PDT 2004

Hello List,
  I am still trying to understand extremely  slow or stalled web with OS 9.1
on a 1400, and OS 8 on the 2300. I have tried the same exact physical
connection - phone line, ISP, etc. - with other computers, and that isn't
the problem. One suggestion - use OS 7.6.1 - seems good, but some of the
browsers and javascript, needed to complete actions on a lot of web pages
these days, don't work with it. Any help appreciated. I've tried different
external modems - Best Data, Diamond - and that helps, but I've still got a
big problem. My computers have plenty of memory. Can't understand it.