Backside L2 Cache

CJPV c_j_p_v at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 03:44:29 PDT 2004

>From what I recall reading on the web, that error message upon startup is common after
installation of a Newer Card. You'd have to install Newer's software to be able to use the card
effectively, as that controls the on/off status of the backside cache. If your getting errors
trying to install it, create a "bare bones" profile and try installing from there. Or, boot from
an external HD or device and install that way.

Enabling Cardbus has nothing to do with the backside cache, as the CPU is on the daughtercard. If
anything, it would have damaged your 'Book's ability to read PC cards.

That's my opinion, at least ;-)

John