[Duo2400] Re: Backside L2 Cache

Paul Nelson artworks at victoria.tc.ca
Sun Apr 11 23:14:01 PDT 2004

At 3:59 PM -0400 4/11/04, Willie Roth wrote:
>    I have another 2400 with the newer 240mhz and I used to get that
>message. I don't think that it has anything to do with enabling the
>card bus as I got the message and the card bus was not enabled on that
>unit. (it did not have the yellow trace wires)
>
>Willie
>
>On Apr 11, 2004, at 8:11 AM, Ernesto Forcadilla wrote:
>
>Is the disabling of the card bus has anything to do with this loss of
>Backside L2 cache? How can I restore the 1 MB L2 cache?

Re the functionality of the L2 cache:
	Having recently dealt with the bootup L2 cache warning in a 333
Lombard (where due to design flaws the processors are dying like flies),  I
found that ASP showed the L2 cache as missing, and so did PowerLogix G3/G4
Cache Profiler 1.5.  I'd recommend running the PowerLogix software to
double check on the Newer processor if it still shows up as missing after
installing the Newer software.  if anyone needs it, ask me off-list.
Paul Nelson