Claris Emailer & SMTP Authentication

Mike Friese mike at friese.com
Fri Apr 30 07:41:05 PDT 2004

Isn't Claris Emailer a great program? I am still using it under Classic
on 10.3.3. I will continue to use it until they pry me from my
unauthenticated server.

I also have had problems with authentication. I was going to use Baton
but I found my ISP still maintained a "secret" SMTP wheich was
unauthenticated.

I stongly recommend the v3 version of mailer. You can download the update
here:

http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/En
glish-North_American/Macintosh/Misc/Emailer_2.0v3_Update/Emailer_2.0v3_Upda
te.smi.bin

I don't remember any requirement for 2.0v1 for this update. But if there
is a problem, I could send you v3 already installed.

Mike