[Duo2400] Claris Emailer & SMTP Authentication

Art Rice artrice66 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 09:00:47 PDT 2004

--- Jack Corcoran <jkcorcor at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Gang!
>
> I have recently upgraded to Verizon DSL and can now
> only send e-mail by authenticating SMTP to the
> outgoing mail server.

When you signed up for Verizon DSL did it include MSN
(which they say does NOT support MACs)? My phone
company is Verizon and they have DSL for $29.95 a
month but I'm afraid I'll lose my ability to dial up
at 56k with my Duo 2300c. My desktop computer is an
Athlon 1900+ PC which I guess I would have to put a
network card in it to talk to the DSL modem.
Does anyone have any information regarding using a Duo
2300c with OS 7.5.5, Free PPP, open transport (1.1.2
?), with MSN and DSL? Would I lose the ability to dial
up with a modem? I can upgrade to OS 8.1 if that would
make any difference. I have a dock and ethernet
adapter for the 2300c, but I usually just use it with
a modem on the rare occaisions that I need internet
access to download an update or whatever.

Thanks for any info...

Art in Silicon Valley