Duo Dock and LCD display

JosephC22 at aol.com JosephC22 at aol.com
Sun Aug 8 19:24:50 PDT 2004

Yes. Assuming that your LCD display has a VGA connector, the easiest way
to do it is to get a Macintosh-to-VGA adapter (HDDB15 Female to DB15 Male
Moniter Adapter). They usually cost between US$10-20. The best ones have
DIP switches which allow you to set a particular frequency and
resolution. For example, http://www.mycableshop.com/sku/AM-VGA-UN.htm
(the link is for illustration purposes only -- I haven't purchased
anything from that vendor -- it's just the first link I came across with
a picture ;-) If you can't find a convenient source, a local "hobbyist"
PC/electonics store might be able to make an adapter for you.

Be advised that there were three different models of the Duo Dock, and
they have different display characteristics. Be sure that your LCD
supports at least one of these resolutions:

The original Duo Dock (no built-in ethernet connector) will support the
following resolutions at either 256 colors per pixel (8 bit video) or
thousands of colors per pixel (16 bit video), depending on whether the
Dock has 512k or 1 MB of VRAM installed:
512 x 384 , 640 x 480 , 800 x 600 , 832 x 624

The "Duo Dock Plus" and the "Duo Dock II" both support the following at
thousands of colors per pixel (16 bit video):
512 x 384 , 640 x 480 , 800 x 600 , 832 x 624
and, additionally, the following resolutions at 256 colors per pixel:
1024 x 768 , 1152 x 870

-j